Thursday 17 January 2013

A Stable Diet


Over the past year I've been trying to eat less meat, significantly, not eating meat in restaurants. I don't have any stern moral ground for this, nor will I attempt to justify this decision to you. I could just as easily ask you, why do you eat meat? If you can't justify it (social normality is not justification) then why do you do it? I'd also like to ask you one other question in relation to the news.

Is there any actual difference between eating one of these:

                                       

one of these;

                                       
or even one of these;

                                       
When they all look like this on your plate:

                                      
Because, and I mean this, I can't really see what the difference is, beyond what you consider to be 'socially acceptable'. I'm not saying that it's acceptable to mis-sell products. But even if all these animals were listed as 'ingredients' on the packaging would you really stop eating burgers?

If you're still confused about this, look up the meaning of sentient in the dictionary.


No comments:

Post a Comment